Arkansas Weekly. Below, they are topically categorized. If you are searching for a specific topic, press the “CTRL” and “F” keys, and then you can search this page for keywords. Or, contact us and let us know what you would like to study.
Questions Atheists’ Ask: 1. Who Created God? 2. Why Does Sickness Exist If God Made Man? 3. Did Man Invent the Idea of “God”? 4. How Can I Be Sure God Exists?
First Things: Physical Life First Things: Sin & Death
We Need To Talk About Death (1) We Need To Talk About Death (2)
We Need To Talk About Resurrection After Death, Before Resurrection
Sorrow & Sadness Do You Want To Be Happy? Days of Prosperity & Adversity
Suicide (excerpt): “Suicide leaves family and friends devastated, with many unanswered questions. Often they ask ‘Is suicide sinful?’. . . Like “left and right” or “up and down,” “life and death” are inseparable pairs. So, questions about suicide must consider both life and death and the source of life—
Family- Who Is A Homemaker? What About My Husband?! What Children Need Most
Genderless Toy Sections & American Tolerance (TARGET’s decision to “remove reference to gender” in their bedding and toy departments)
Individual Responsibility God’s plan for the government and individual citizens
Ban Bossy” (1) “Ban Bossy” (2) God’s plan versus society’s plan for women
Rescued from sin–
Escape From Suicide & Sin In One Night (parts 1 & 2)
The Mourners Bench Causes God To Mourn (click on the title to read this expanded version of our article from the Dec. 11, 2012 issue of Arkansas Weekly)
Basics of Baptism
Study the Bible to learn about the one baptism (Ephesians 4:5):
1. Jesus’ blood washes us from sin in baptism (Romans 6:3) We are baptized into Christ’s death. His death was the occasion when He offered His body and blood for the remission of sins (Matthew 26:28). His blood washes us when we are baptized into His death.
2. Happens after belief (Mark 16:16) God did not reveal “infant baptism.” Belief is before baptism.
3. Means immersion (Romans 6:4, buried) To be “baptized” by being sprinkled with water is like running by hopping. Running is not hopping, and baptism is not sprinkling. Baptism is a burial.
4. In water (Acts 8:38)
5. For the remission of sins (Acts 2:38; Matthew 26:28)
6. Adds us to the church [the saved] (1 Corinthians 12:13)
7. Is a part of calling on the name of the Lord (Acts 22:16) We cannot call upon the Lord for salvation by faith or words alone—it must include the one baptism.
8. Saves us (1 Peter 3:21) Have you been taught that baptism does not save us? Read Peter’s words!
* Does your church have a sanctuary? Have You Been To A Sanctuary?
* What is wrong with worshiping God by playing songs? Read this and let us know your thoughts on this subject.
The Church and the churches
Would Jesus Rock This House? Click on the title (left) to see whether the Ash Flat Church of Christ’s 2011 “Rock This House” event (featuring Jennifer Rothschild) is consistent with their claim to “glorify Jesus and to live for Him by following the examples that He set”
Have you seen the movie by Kirk Cameron (known also for his roles in the “Left Behind” movies), “Monumental”? If so, notice some related lessons and send us your thoughts: Monumental Lessons (1) & Monumental Lessons (2)
God Cares… (a series)
Articles deal with the sin of drunkenness:
1. Alcohol & Drunkenness
2. Define the word “Wine”
3. Jesus’ Miracle at the Wedding in Cana (John 2) Did Jesus make intoxicating wine?
4. Alcohol & Medicine (Medicinal Use of Alcohol extended article)
[For further study view these charts: Holiness Versus Intoxication and contact us for a free CD of this lesson]
The Christmas season in Batesville is usually signaled by the appearance of manger scenes around town. The typical manger scene displays factual error about what happened at Jesus’ birth, causing us to ask a question Jesus often asked, in our current newspaper article,: Have You Not Read the Scripture? After reading this article also read– God Warns About Human Traditions (or God Warns About Human Traditions an expanded version for extra study).